This super-chocolaty smoothie is a tasty nondairy option. Dates offer richness and a caramel-like sweetness–naturally–while boosting fiber by about 2g. above all this is super easy and takes less than 5 minutes to prepare.
- 3 pitted dates
- 1 cup unsweetened chocolate almond milk (such as Almond Breeze)
- 1/2 cup frozen unsweetened raspberries
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 (5.3-oz.) container vanilla soy yogurt
- 1/2 banana, sliced and frozen
- Dash of instant coffee or espresso granules (optional)
How to Make It
Place dates in a small bowl; cover with hot water. Let stand 3 minutes or until softened; drain.
Place milk and dates in a blender; blend 30 seconds or until pureed. Add raspberries and remaining ingredients; blend 30 seconds or until smooth.