- 2 mashed ripe bananas
- 1/3 cup full fat Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup whole wheat white flour
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1 cup cranberries
For the glaze
- confectioners sugar
- freshly squeezed orange juice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Add the mashed bananas, yogurt, egg and applesauce to a large bowl and whisk together until smooth.
- Add the sugar and vanilla and whisk again.
- Add the remaining ingredients except cranberries and mix together with a spatula until incorporated.
- Fold in the cranberries.
- Pour the batter into a greased loaf pan.
- Bake for 60-65 minutes until cooked through.
- Remove from oven, let cool in the pan for about 10 minutes before removing and cooling completely on a wire rack.
- Once bread is cooled completely, add confectioners sugar to a small bowl. Slowly add a teaspoon of orange juice at a time, mixing with a spoon until you reach the desired consistency for your glaze. Drizzle it on top of the bread and let set for a few minutes.